Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

Tokyo Day 2

Next day we hit Ueno, home of Ueno park and also a heap of museums and concert halls etc.

We went to the museum of Western Art out the front of which were some Japanese copies of Auguste Rodin's sculptures, my favourite would be The Thinker for course :)

The Thinker



Forgot the title, lets call it Mr Arrowman



GATES OF HELL



For lunch we hit up the famous Tsukiji fish market, late in the day but still GOOD SUSHI *DROOL*



The selection that was responsible for the drooling, my favourite thing to order is a dish that includes the different cuts and grades of tuna, love tuna!



Next up was Imperial Palace, first thing we saw was this statue of Kusunoki Masashige, 14th century samurai who basically accepted an Anzac/Gallipoli command from his Emperor and died.



The palace as close as we could get



My mum was keen enough to notice the Spanish reporters that were waiting outside the gate and so deduced something must be happening. We had early seen carriages go into the Palace but here they came out with people inside, I was not fast enough with my camera to catch the royals inside though. I got a hand!!!!!




Here they were after dropping the royals off at Tokyo City Hall, felt sorry for the guys who had to run to keep up with the horses, and the horses in front who were being force to trot, they weren't happy about it hahaha.





We went to my place for dinner, I got a bad shot of the famous Shibuya intersection here, that I've been meaning to take for a while hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment